Thank you for participating in VAPOR!
Your AOCA leadership recognizes the changing impact of the pandemic on our practices, families, and plans. Please be assured that we have implemented appropriate health and safety protocols for attendees, exhibitors, and staff who plan to attend VAPOR in-person at the Breakers Hotel.
Your safety is the College’s top priority. As such, we continue to monitor the ever-changing public health guidance connected to in-person meetings and will to provide regular updates and additional guidance.
We know that some of our attendees may not be able to travel this fall and we encourage you to participate in the live-streaming and on-demand options. You do not need to miss out on valuable CME hours and rich content.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT - The most effective way to ensure the safety of all attendees is for them to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Currently, AOCA is not requiring proof of vaccinations. We know everyone’s situation is different and unique and we respect your decision to make health care choices for yourself. We will, however, ask that all in-person attendees complete an attestation concerning their health and wellness.
ON-SITE HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES - Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be available at registration. We encourage all in-person attendees to bring their own personal masks as well.
Session rooms and the Exhibit Hall will be set up to accommodate appropriate social distancing.
Session rooms and AV equipment will be disinfected regularly, and common areas disinfected continuously. The Breakers Hotel has a stringent safety protocol in place. To learn more about the B Safe initiative click here.
Strict food safety protocols will be in place. The Breakers had elevated food safety standards in place prior to COVID-19. It is one of only a few hotels in the United States with a dedicated Food Safety Manager; a former Food Safety Inspector for the state of Florida currently holds this position. This full-time team member is responsible for inspecting all restaurant and banquet food production, safety, and sanitation.
Food and beverages will be provided in individual packaging when possible (e.g., boxed meals, wrapped snacks) and plated meals will replace buffets.
AFTER THE CONVENTION - As part of the AOCA's safety protocols, any attendee at the 69th Annual Convention/VAPOR has a duty to report a COVID-19 diagnosis that occurs within 14 days of attending the event. Should you receive a positive COVID-19 diagnosis within that timeframe, please inform AOCA so we can do the necessary follow-up.
- Do not attend the event if you are feeling ill, have a fever, cough, are experiencing common cold and/or flu symptoms, believe that you may have been exposed to a person diagnosed with Covid-19 or if you have been diagnosed with Covid-19
- You may attend virtually from your hotel room at any time
- Do observe 3-6' of social distancing when possible
- Do not share event materials, food, or drinks with others who are not part of your household
- Dispose of all materials you have touched and no longer need to reduce exposure for others
- Do not shake hands, hug, or physically greet other event participants, speakers, or vendors
- Use hand sanitizer and wash your hands as often as appropriate
- Use common sense and courtesy by leaving the room when coughing or sneezing
- Comply with all requests, directives, rules and regulations of the hotel, city, county, and state in which the event is located
*As an in-person attendee, you assume all risks inherent to exposure to the Covid-19 virus and its variants relating to our event. These safeguards are subject to change at any time.