Dear Industry Partner:
As the Chair of the Development Committee, on behalf of our President, James McKinsey, I am writing to inform you of a change in our plans for the upcoming Annual Meeting. In light of the need for social distancing and the travel bans, many of our institutions have placed on us for the rest of 2020, the Eastern Vascular Executive Council has decided to postpone the “in-person” Annual Meeting which was to be held in Charleston, SC in September 2020 until September 24-27, 2021. After significant negotiations, we were able to maintain the 2021 EVS annual meeting at our Charleston venue. In consideration of the needs of our membership and industry partners, as well as the many investigators who have submitted excellent work for presentation this Fall, we are very excited to inform you of the innovative plans for an Eastern Vascular 2020 Virtual Meeting. We are planning a pilot program, which will be held weekly, over the months of October and the first 3 weeks of November 2020. It will consist of a weekly 2-hour evening session which will be focused on specific topics with a combination of selected abstracts, invited talks, industry-sponsored mini symposiums, and debates. For example, in the session that focuses on Carotid Artery Disease, several high-quality abstracts will be presented in short presentations accompanied by interesting invited talks which can be sponsored by industry, “How I do It” or Controversies with debate format. These sessions will be moderated by experts in the field with a lively question and answer sessions involved the panelists, speakers, and text questions from the audience. Portions of the meeting will not be CME-based, which will allow for more showcasing of your products or new design. These will be recorded and later available on the EVS website for review by our membership and interested non-member individuals. In this way, we hope to promote education, innovation, and exchange of ideas in a virtual forum. Trade show options are a consideration if an industry partner is interested.
Anticipated topics will be Carotid/ Aortic Thoracic/ Aortic Abdominal/Peripheral Arterial Disease/ Dialysis Access/ Venous and Lymphatic Disease/ New Innovations and new Technology, Miscellaneous disease categories. We will also hold a Mid-conference Educational Session by Industry which will allow for 15 minutes of virtual presentation with discussion mid-meeting.
We are planning a dynamic meeting that will be beneficial to our membership and our industry partners. Your continued support is greatly appreciated and essential to the success
s of this meeting and our society. Companies who would prefer to support the mission of the Society at a more significant level may look at the Support Opportunities included in the Prospectus (attached). We are available to discuss in more detail how your company can be better represented.
Please feel free to contact Julie Vissers, Meeting Manager at email@example.com (503) 635-4761, ext 117 or Palma Shaw, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 464-6241.
Palma Shaw, MD, FACS, RPVI, DFSVS
Chair, Development Committee
James F. McKinsey, MD, FACS, DFSVS
President, The Eastern Vascular Society
The specialty of vascular surgery has matured and evolved dramatically over the last three decades, but never more profoundly than in recent years. In view of the rapid development of novel, evolving technologies; the generation of information at a rate faster than at any time in history; and the unprecedented growth of the elderly segment of our population in whom circulatory disease predominates, there has never been a more challenging time to be a vascular surgeon or a time when it has been more critical to keep abreast of developments in the field. The introduction of Maintenance of Certification and increasing multi-specialty competition in our current healthcare system poses new challenges, and make further education on cutting-edge approaches to the treatment of vascular disease essential. The Annual Meeting of the EVS will allow vascular surgeons and other Allied Health Professionals to remain current on the latest knowledge, approaches, and procedures that will lead to better patient care.
The meeting will draw primarily from the EVS membership which is represented in the Mid-Atlantic and Eastern states, as well as Eastern Canada. The meeting is also open to Non-member Physicians, Residents and Fellows, Students, RVTs, Nurses and other Allied Health Professionals. Projected attendance for 2020: 300. The Eastern Vascular Society is the largest Regional Vascular Meeting in the US.
Historically registered attendance:
- 2019: 273
- 2018: 307
- 2017: 228
Unrestricted Support Opportunities
The Society appreciates your support for our educational content. Your support will help offset the cost of the meeting production, virtual platform, abstract call, program development and processing to record and post these videos apportioned into brief sections on our website. Expert Panels will facilitate an interesting and thought-provoking forum. These recordings will be available for all members and other attendees to watch at their leisure to increase visibility of these important topics for 9 months.
Select Session Commitment
- October 7, 2020 PAD
- October 14, 2020 Aortic Disease
- October 21, 2020 Carotid
- October 28, 2020 PAD2
- November 4, 2020 Dialysis
- November 11, 2020 Venous
- November 18, 2020 Aortic Abdominal
Levels of Support
- Platinum Sponsor ($25,000): Industry sponsor will be the exclusive sponsor of the educational session and credited as fully supporting that session.
- Gold Sponsor ($15,000): Industry sponsor will be credited as partially but substantially supporting that individual session.
- Meet the Experts/Corporate Council ($10,000) : One-hour access to Thought Leaders in Vascular Surgery which may include Chairs, Vice Chairs, Training and Research Directors from the organizing academic institutions. Minimum 4 Thought leaders. This includes established virtual platform (Zoom), Topic Points Selected by the sponsor, Proposed Agenda, Case Studies to be Determined by Expert Panel, Facilitation, Management, Execution by Conference Well-Assembled Meetings, Corporate Signage, Debriefing Call\
- Silver Sponsor ($10,000): Industry sponsor will be credited as partially supporting that individual session.
- Invited Speaker ($7,500): Industry can provide an invited speaker to give an 8-minute presentation during the main meeting sessions. Topic point may be selected by sponsor.
- Pre-conference Educational Session by Industry ($7,500): Industry is invited to do 15-minutes of virtual presentation with discussion prior to the meeting initiation. This includes e-mail blasts sent by EVS highlighting your program; one complimentary registration for your speaker and 2 representatives.
- Exhibitor ($2,000) Virtual Exhibitor’s Gallery Content Box: company contact info and link to website included on our website (exhibitor page); Logo, link, contact info, and business description listed on Virtual Exhibitor tab within conference portal; Video segment (2 minutes or less) displayed on Virtual Exhibitor tab; An interactive chat box or link to a personal Zoom Meeting with a representative (optional); Two full-access complimentary conference registrations.